Tips for Replacing Your Windows
New replacement windows can help brighten your house, improve the décor, and save money on energy costs. When it comes to doing this popular home repair job, here are 10 pointers to help you succeed.
- Look for manufacturers who provide warranties on the window’s frame, sash, and insulating glass modules. Make sure it’s a trusted and personal manufacturer.
- Take note of your surroundings. Impact-resistant glass is a wise purchase whether you live in a region prone to strong storms, on a golf course, or even in a busy metropolitan environment, because it is incredibly difficult to penetrate. Check with your insurance carrier to determine whether installing impact-resistant windows in your house qualifies you for a discount.
- By choosing energy-efficient replacement windows, you’ll not only lower your heating and cooling bills, but you’ll also get a greater return on your investment.
- Look for brands that stand behind their products, offer warranties, and value your business. After initial research, contact your preferred company so that a design consultant can come to your house, do measurements, go over options, and provide you with an accurate quote.
- Examine your grid options. Many builders choose grid layouts that are white and colonial in style. Window manufacturers, on the other hand, provide a variety of grid alternatives, ranging from brass to dark zinc.
- Many homeowners are surprised that replacing windows in their home can cost around $500 per window or more – with cost factors that include style, size, material, installation difficulty, and beyond. With the right manufacturer, every window is custom-made, ensuring that the unit will fit precisely into the desired spot.
- Check out each and every window to ensure everything is in working order and that all seals are airtight — and watertight. While air will make your home cold, water that seeps in and freezes can do even more damage.
- Read instructions carefully. Specific assembly instructions, which may include accessory components such as vinyl sill extenders to assist fit the window into the aperture, may be found in the window manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep your windows looking pristine with screens that are removable and easy to clean. Remove the window screens from the frame and clean them according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Ask about specific benefits of different types of windows. New windows can help increase safety, decrease noise, improve aesthetics, and add energy efficiency.
Contact Shield BP today if you’re considering upgrading your home!