A Guide to Home Window Installation
Understanding the steps following your replacement window purchase is crucial for planning and ensuring a smooth installation process. This knowledge allows you to make informed decisions regarding timing, accommodation for pets, and scheduling around the installation activities. To help you navigate the home window installation process, here's a comprehensive guide.
Types of Window Installation:
1. Pocket Installation:
- Involves removing the sash of the old window.
- The new window is placed into the original frame.
- Quick installation process.
- Limits work to the existing window opening.
2. Full-Frame Installation:
- Entire window is removed and replaced, including the frame, sash, trim, and insulation.
- Requires installation both inside and outside the home.
- Longer process due to labor intensity.
- Provides a complete window replacement.
- The installation date depends on the project scope and the time of year.
- Project size influences the time required for completion.
- A professional representative can estimate the duration of the project in terms of hours or days.
- While efforts are made to ensure a quick and efficient installation, some noise is inevitable.
- Homeowners are not obligated to leave during installation.
- Full-frame installation takes longer due to its labor-intensive nature, as installers work both inside and outside the home.
- Installers clean as they progress and thoroughly upon completing the job.
Understanding these aspects of the window installation process can help you plan accordingly and make the necessary arrangements for a hassle-free experience. If you're considering upgrading your home, contact Shield BP today for expert guidance and quality window solutions!